A claim is a cover which has been requested for collections. You have a specific number of days called a "claim window" after the due date is passed to file a claim.
Below is the flow chart for a claim lifecycle.
- A "claim" is requested for a cover when payment is not received by the buyer.
- The "claimStatus" starts at "assessing", and stays in assessing until the claim handling has completed.
- If the buyer pays the invoice/debt you must settle the claim to clear the coverage and stop collections.
There is a lot of associated data for posting a claim.
Read carefully Claim Cover for which fields are required and if any supporting documents are needed.
Rules to request a claim
- The claim window is specified by your policy.
- If the buyer of the invoice has gone bankrupt, you should submit a claim as soon as possible.
Updated over 1 year ago